Financial Aid and Scholarships
HKU Social Work Alumni Innovative Research Scholarships
- Scholarships awards for academically outstanding 1st year Bachelor of Social Work Students on the basis of HKDSE achievements
- Up to 5 scholarships shall be awarded each year
- Value of award is HK$15,000 per year (up to HK60,000 over 4 years, renewable subject to satisfactory academic progress)
1978 Alumni Travel Award
- Awarded to BSW students from all years of studies in support of international placement
Madam Lui Chui Sau Chun Memorial Scholarships
- Awarded to second year BSW students
- Amount: HK$10,000 each
Madam Lo Ng Kiu Ying Anita Memorial Scholarships
- Awarded to third year BSW students
- Amount: HK$10,000 each
Social Work Student Bursaries
- Awarded to BSW students from all years of studies based on financial need
- Amount: HK$24,000 per year (up to HK$96,000)
MSW Alumni Scholarships
- Awarded to academically outstanding candidates applying for admission to the MSW curriculum
- Up to 10 scholarships will be granted each year
- Amount: about a quarter of the tuition fee (by installments subject to the condition that the student can attain at least two As in the academic year)
- Eligibility: first class honour / GPA >=3.5 / average marks >= 85.
Scholarship for School Teachers (Pursuit of Master's Degree Programmes) in Master of Social Sciences (Counselling)
- The Committee on Professional Development of Teachers and Principals (COTAP) of the Education Bureau has worked towards building shared vision, mission and objectives for the professional development of teachers and school leaders in Hong Kong. To achieve these goals, COTAP has launched T-excel@hk, an overarching project which comprises eight areas of focus.
- The present scholarship is an initiative under "T-applause" which is one of the focus areas covered under T-excel@hk. This scholarship aims to celebrate achievements of high-performing school teachers and to encourage teachers' pursuit of higher qualifications as well as to enhance their professionalism. For details, please refer to http://www.edb.gov.hk/scholarship_teacher.
Simatelex Charitable Foundation Scholarship in Nonprofit Management
- The Scholarship aims to train and nurture professionals in nonprofit organisations to take on leadership roles to create public good. It will be awarded annually to academically outstanding and leadership competency student(s) studying in the MSocSc (NPM) programme. The selected Scholarship holder will receive a grant which shall be equivalent to the composition fee on admission of the programme.
Madam Lo Ng Kiu Ying Anita Memorial Scholarships in Nonprofit Management
- The Scholarship shall be awarded to student(s) studying in the MSocSc (NPM) programme, on the basis of academic merits and leadership qualities. The scholarship recipient(s) should have successfully complete the curriculum within the normative study period (i.e. one year) and his/her academic results should attain an average of Grade B+ or above.