MASTER OF SOCIAL SCIENCES - Admission
(MSocSc - Social Work Family Work and Social Work Integrated with Young People Stream is not offered in academic year 2019-20)
|Deadline of Online Application||1 - 30 November 2018 (Round 1)
1 December 2018 - 31 January 2019 (Round 2)
1 February - 31 March 2019 (Round 3)
|Admission tests and Interviews||4 December 2018 (Round 1 - Social Service Management)
7 December 2018 (Round 1 - Gerontology & Mental Health)
15 February 2019 (Round 2)
4 April 2019 (Round 3)
|Announcement of result ( Provisional Offer)||12-14 December 2018 (Round 1)
22 February 2019 (Round 2)
11 April 2019 (Round 3)
Mostly by means of written assignments, project presentations, and continuous assessments.
To be eligible for admission to the courses leading to the degree of Master of Social Sciences, candidates shall hold
i. a bachelor's degree or other qualification accepted as its equivalent;
ii. a minimum of two years of post-qualification working experience preferred.
Please send the following required documents directly to The Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Room 534, 5/F, The Jockey Club Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong as soon as possible after completion of the online application. Your application number and programme applied should be marked on each document.
- Complete official transcript of undergraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of undergraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English;
- Complete official transcript of postgraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of postgraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- TOEFL / IELTS / Overseas GCE / IGCSE / Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language official score report #
# Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.
The annual fee is HK$65,000 for part-time study****Subject to the University's approval
The online application will be available from November 2018 to March 2019. To apply, please click http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg.
Application and payment of application fees (HK$300 per application) should be made online at http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg. Your online application cannot be processed unless you pay your application fee online by credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD only)