Master of Social Sciences
|Information Session||17 November 2018 (Saturday) at 2:30pm-4:00pm
Venue: Studio 2, Centre on Behavioral Health 2/F, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
|Deadline of Online Application||30 November, 2018 (Round 1)
31 January 2019 (Round 2)
|Admission Test and Interview||Mid December 2018 (Round 1)
Mid February 2019 (Round 2)
|Announcement of Results (Provisional Offer)||Six weeks after the admission test / interview|
*Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an admission interview.
Applicants shall hold a Bachelor's degree of HKU or an equivalent qualification from a comparable institution, and preferably have a minimum of two years of relevant post-qualification working experience in healthcare disciplines. Candidates with qualifications other than a Bachelor's degree will be considered on their individual merits. Qualifying examinations to test the applicants' abilities to follow the prescribed courses and/or interviews may be conducted.
Applicants with qualifications from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong where the language of teaching or examination is not English are required, unless exceptionally exempted, to obtain:
- a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or
- a minimum overall band of 6 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- grade C or above in either the Overseas General Certificate of Education, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education, or the Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language.
Candidates who do not hold a Bachelor's degree of this University or another qualification of equivalent standard may in exceptional circumstances be permitted to register in the field as prescribed in the syllabuses if they demonstrate adequate preparation for studies at this level and satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination.
Please send the following required documents directly to the Centre on Behavioral Health, (Address: 2/F, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong) as soon as possible after completion of the online application. Your application number should be marked on each document.
- Complete official transcript of undergraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of undergraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English;
- Complete official transcript of postgraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of postgraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- TOEFL / IELTS / Overseas GCE / IGCSE / Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language official score report #
- List of publications/Curriculum vitae (if applicable)
# Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.
Please note that the University’s TOFEL code is 9671.
1-year full-time mode
- HK$125,000 per annum (local)*
- HK$160,000 per annum (non-local)*
2-year full-time mode
- HK$62,500 per annum (local)*
*Subject to the University’s approval
The online application will be available from November 2018 to January 2019. To apply, please click http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg.
Application and payment of application fees (HK$300 per application) should be made online at http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg. Your online application cannot be processed unless you pay your application fee online by credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD only).