Master of Social Sciences (Counselling)
|Information Session||5 January 2018 (Friday),
at 7pm - 9pm, at CPD-3.28, Centennial Campus, HKU
|Deadline for online application||28 February 2018|
|Admission test||2 March 2018|
|Admission Interview||5-7 March 2018|
|Announcement of result ( Provisional Offer)||Late March 2018|
To be eligible for admission to the courses leading to the degree of Master of Social Sciences in Counselling, candidates shall hold
i) a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, preferably in a field related to the human services, such as psychology, social work, education, nursing and management, or such other qualifications as may be accepted as its equivalent;
ii) a minimum of two years of post-qualification work experience preferred.
Please send the following required documents directly to The Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Room 534, 5/F, The Jockey Club Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong as soon as possible after completion of the online application. Your application number should be marked on each document.
- Complete official transcript of undergraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of undergraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English;
- Complete official transcript of postgraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of postgraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- TOEFL / IELTS / Overseas GCE / IGCSE / Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language official score report #
- Two reference letters (The first reference should be about the applicant's academic ability or potential to complete a Master's degree in counselling. The second reference is about the applicant's characters and personal attributes.)
# Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.
The annual fee is $62,500 for part-time study
The online application will be available from 1 December 2017 to 28 February 2018. To apply, please click http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg.
Application and payment of application fees (HK$300 per application) should be made online at http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg. Your online application cannot be processed unless you pay your application fee online by credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD only)