Welcome to the Master of Social Work (MSW) programme!
We offer professional social work training in the world-renown University of Hong Kong. Our MSW programme prepares students to be leaders in the fields of clinical social work and social administration practice and be change agents in family, community, organisation, and society. Our students benefit not only from the excellent teaching of our instructors and our innovative curriculum, but also from the cutting edge policy and practice research conducted by our faculty members. Our professional training is recognized in Hong Kong and many oversea countries. Our graduates are eligible for professional registration with the Hong Kong Social Workers Registration Board. Many of them are practicing social workers in Hong Kong and mainland China and in countries like Singapore, Canada, the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
Our programme attracts about 100 students each year. We look for individuals who have demonstrated a commitment to be a force of positive change in people’s life and in community through academic endeavor, extracurricular or community services, and work experience. We also look for individuals who can succeed in a demanding academic programme and a professional career following graduation.
- Dr. Edward K.L. Chan
- Associate Professor, Department of Social Work and Social Administration
- An innovative curriculum that offers six concentrations
- An international learning experience that comprises oversea field education, study tours, a diverse student body, etc.
- Numerous opportunities for experiential learning through more than 350 local and international field placement options
- Rich educational resources available at the University of Hong Kong
- A global network of graduates who are making contributions in non-profit, government, corporate, and academic arenas