Bachelor of Social Work
Social Work Summer Programme (29th – 31st July, 2019)
Target participants: S5 or equivalent in the academic year of 2018/2019
Want to become a Change Maker? The 3-day programme is designed for high-calibre students who wish to explore the fields of social work in a fun and challenging environment. Through insightful lectures, interaction with current social work students, interesting adventure event, students will be able to explore their passion for performing a leading role for the betterment and enhancement of the well-being of individuals, groups and the communities. A session of experiential life education will also be included. It is a self-discovery journey for helping professional-to-be.
- To introduce the Bachelor of Social Work Programme to secondary students interested in social work profession;
- To facilitate intellectual exchange among secondary students with basic social work concepts;
- To enhance secondary students' understanding of contemporary social issues, and the basic attitudes and values of social worker;
- To promote social awareness and encourage critical thinking of secondary students.
|29th July (Mon)||Ice-breaking & Soci game||Taster lectures|
|30th July (Tue)||Adventure-based Counselling Activities||Adventure-based Counselling Activities
|Stay overnight at residential hall|
|31st July (Wed)||Life education||Group discussion & presentation|
6 FULL Scholarships are offered!
Your registration fee for this summer programme will be waived, if you receive the scholarships.
Registration Link: https://survey2.socialwork.hku.hk/index.php/972441?lang=en
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2019
Announcement of Result: By the end of April 2019
Should your scholarship application be unsuccessful, you may still apply to this summer programme through the HKU Summer Institute. Application fee will not be waived in this case.
Registration Link: https://aal.hku.hk/summerinstitute/hs-programmes/sow/
Early Bird Deadline (5% discount): 28th February, 2019
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019 (for non-local applicants) / 31st May, 2019 (for local applicants)
Candidates who are in a local school taking the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE), or those who are not currently students in secondary schools but wish to apply for admission on the strength of their HKDSE qualifications, should apply through JUPAS.
To satisfy the minimum requirements for entrance to the University, each applicant shall gain the following in the HKDSE:
- Level 3 or above in English Language;
- Level 3 or above in Chinese Language;
- Level 2 or above in Mathematics;
- Level 2 or above in Liberal Studies; and
- Level 3 or above in two Elective Subjects.
- “Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education” is referred to as “HKDSE”.
- “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects will be used as additional supporting information. In the meantime, student learning experiences in Applied Learning subjects may be considered within the context of other learning experiences in their application.
- Other Language subjects will be used as unspecified elective subjects. The minimum requirement is Grade E.
Students who are applying for admission on the strength of examination results other than HKDSE should submit their applications direct to the University through the Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme. According to the government, all local school applicants must have completed at least six-year secondary education when they enter the university, irrespective of the admissions route they use. International students requiring a student visa to study in Hong Kong should apply via the International Admissions Scheme.
Applicants who do not fulfill the normal entrance requirements can also apply on grounds of ‘mature age’, if they have reached the age of 25 by September 1 of the year in which admission is sought.
The University accepts a wide range of qualifications. Candidates may find a list of recognised qualifications for admission purposes at the University admissions website (http://www.hku.hk/admission/). Other information related to admission can be obtained from the website as well.