Bachelor of Social Work
Candidates who are in a local school taking the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE), or those who are not currently students in secondary schools but wish to apply for admission on the strength of their HKDSE qualifications, should apply through JUPAS.
To satisfy the minimum requirements for entrance to the University, each applicant shall gain the following in the HKDSE:
- Level 3 or above in English Language;
- Level 3 or above in Chinese Language;
- Level 2 or above in Mathematics;
- Level 2 or above in Liberal Studies; and
- Level 3 or above in two Elective Subjects.
- “Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education” is referred to as “HKDSE”.
- “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects will be used as additional supporting information. In the meantime, student learning experiences in Applied Learning subjects may be considered within the context of other learning experiences in their application.
- Other Language subjects will be used as unspecified elective subjects. The minimum requirement is Grade E.
Students who are applying for admission on the strength of examination results other than HKDSE should submit their applications direct to the University through the Non-JUPAS Admissions Scheme. According to the government, all local school applicants must have completed at least six-year secondary education when they enter the university, irrespective of the admissions route they use. International students requiring a student visa to study in Hong Kong should apply via the International Admissions Scheme.
Applicants who do not fulfill the normal entrance requirements can also apply on grounds of ‘mature age’, if they have reached the age of 25 by September 1 of the year in which admission is sought.
The University accepts a wide range of qualifications. Candidates may find a list of recognised qualifications for admission purposes at the University admissions website (http://www.hku.hk/admission/). Other information related to admission can be obtained from the website as well.