Master of Social Sciences (Counselling)
|Information Session||Session I : 6 November 2019 (Webnesday), at 7pm - 8:30pm, at CPD-LG.18, LG/F, Central Podium, Centennial Campus, HKU
Registration is now closed
Session II : 8 January 2020 (Webnesday), at Studio 3, 2/F, Centre on Behavioral Health, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research, 5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Registration is now closed
|Deadline of Online Application||2 December 2019, 12:00nn (Round 1)
28 February 2020, 12:00nn (Round 2)
|Admission Test||6 December 2019 (Round 1)
6 March 2020 (Round 2)
|Admission Interview||9 -10 December 2019 (Round 1)
10 - 11 March 2020 (Round 2)
|Announcement of Results ( Provisional Offer)||17 December 2019 (Round 1)
18 March 2020 (Round 2)
To be eligible for admission to the courses leading to the degree of Master of Social Sciences in Counselling, candidates shall hold
i) a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, preferably in a field related to the human services, such as psychology, social work, education, nursing and management, or such other qualifications as may be accepted as its equivalent;
ii) a minimum of two years of post-qualification work experience preferred.
Please send the following required documents directly to The Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Room 534, 5/F, The Jockey Club Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong as soon as possible after completion of the online application. Your application number should be marked on each document.
- Complete official transcript of undergraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of undergraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English;
- Complete official transcript of postgraduate studies # (Transcripts not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- Graduate certificate of postgraduate studies # (Certificates not in English should be accompanied by a certified translation in English)
- TOEFL / IELTS / Overseas GCE / IGCSE / Cambridge Test of Proficiency in English Language official score report #
- Two reference letters (The first reference should be about the applicant's academic ability or potential to complete a Master's degree in counselling. The second reference is about the applicant's characters and personal attributes.)
# Please note that the University will only ACCEPT originals or copies of the documents that have been duly declared as true copies before a notary public (e.g. a Commissioner for Oaths at a City District Office in Hong Kong). Copies of documents may be certified by the appropriate officials of your home institute if you are an overseas applicant. No photocopies will be accepted.
The annual fee is HK$68,300 for part-time study**
**Subject to the University's approval
The online application will be available from 21 October 2019 to 28 February 2020. To apply, please click http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg.
Application and payment of application fees (HK$300 per application) should be made online at http://www.aal.hku.hk/tpg. Your online application cannot be processed unless you pay your application fee online by credit card (VISA or MASTERCARD only)